Have you tried to sign into your hotmail account only to get the message “incorrect password”?This should not worry you since there a are some simple procedures which you can use to recover your account and take charge of it again. We all know that this is a frustrating experience especially when you cannot access that important email that have been send to your inbox.
You can use your mobile phone to unblock your Hotmail account at any time of the day. You should go to the “Add a phone page” and insert your mobile number. Before you do this, there are certain instances which you may be asked to sign in prior to keying the mobile phone number. You will be sending a verification code which you can use to unblock your email, account. The reason why you are asked to provide a working telephone number is that there are many spammers out there, so there is need to verify beyond doubt that you really own the account. If you cannot use your phone to verify the account, you can opt to contact support.
Things you Should Know when using a phone to Verify your Account
- You should understand that the message service is not always available in all countries. Also, your network provider may be prohibiting you from receiving such messages
- You should understand that the messages that have been sent could be subject to network delays. You may have to wait for some time before the message comes in. However, if it takes more than 15 minutes, you should ask the message to be resend. If you do so, another verification code will be send to your phone.
- You need to know, however, that there is specific number of times which you can ask for the verification codes. If you exceed the quota that is set for those who got their hotmail account blocked, you will have no choice, but to wait until the following day. You will be forced to wait for at least 24 hours before you are allowed to ask for another code.
Regardless of the reason that got your hotmail account blocked, you should not worry since there is always a way out. If you use the above procedures, you can be at a position to regain control of your account. If you think you cannot, emailing the Hotmail support center should do the trick!
Leave a comment
- Windows® XP How to connect to a printer on a network
- Windows® XP How to change date, time and time zone settings
- Microsoft® Word 2003 How to insert a sound file in Windows® 7
- Microsoft® Outlook 2003 Open a specific e mail profile in Windows® XP
- Microsoft® Outlook 2003 How to create a vCard in Windows® 7